Style

BASIC FASHION RULES EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW

March 19, 2017


Lack of Color hat | Made in Eaven top | Love Bonito skirt | Furla bag | Aldo shoes

If you are an avid reader of my blog – which I hope you are – you have been most likely to read various types of styling tips, street styles, and outfit of the day in Olivia’s fashion world.With tons of information on your screen, all of these tips can be overwhelming sometimes.

So today I have decided to take a step back and help ease the stress of getting dressed by emphasizing on the fundamental fashion rules every woman should embrace at all time.

INVEST IN GREAT BRAS

Great bras can be defined as bras that actually fit your body. It doesn’t matter how expensive the bras are, but if they don’t perfectly fit your body, they are not going to work. Breasts don’t really have their own natural support system, so bras will keep your breasts in perfect shape that will definitely make a huge difference to your appearance compared to ill-fitting bras. Apart from that, ill-fitting bras can cause headaches and neck-to-back pain.

…BUT MAKE SURE THE BRAS DON’T SHOW

Unless they are part of the style, you have to make sure the bras don’t show. Investing in great bras also mean you invest in bras for different occasions – start with different colors and strap styles.

KEEP THE 40:60 RATIO IN YOUR CLOSET

To keep your fashion game strong, I apply the 40:60 ratio in my closet – which means, 40% of my outfits are basics, like plain white tees, turtlenecks, and monochromes. The other 60% are the groovy, edgy, and feminine. The 40:60 ratio is important for pairing. If you have 100% basics or 100% groovies, now is the time for you to apply the ratio and take your styling game to the next level.

REMEMBER THAT DRESSING SHOULD BE HALF YOUR AUDIENCE, HALF YOUR PERSONAL STYLE

Fashion should express you – it’s true. But it is ill-advised to completely ignore the audience and setting you are going to be in. As much as I love fashion, I really recommend you to be wise in how you project yourself through fashion and situation when getting dressed.

BALANCE YOUR UPPER AND LOWER BODY

Remember the 40:60 ratio closet rule? Now here’s the tip on how to wear it: balance everything. Balance what you are wearing in your upper and lower body. For instance, if you are wearing some simple skirt or jeans, try adding some scarves or eccentric accessories. It applies the other way round. If you are wearing some elaborate bottoms, try to keep it subtle in the upper body.

BE CONFIDENT

…and wear your style with pride.

RELATED POST

  • TIP OF THE DAY: UP YOUR FASHION GAME WITH SLIT SKIRTJune 6, 2017 TIP OF THE DAY: UP YOUR FASHION GAME WITH SLIT SKIRT Gentle Monster sunglasses by Optik Seis | Zara top | Kerokoo skirt | Kim Soo bag | Aldo shoes What I love most about fashion is that it can be anything but boring. There will always be […] Posted in Style
  • March 2, 2017 DRESSING UP FOR WARMER DAYS: SHIRTDRESS Lack of Color hat | Curated First sunglasses | Uniqlo top | This is April shirt-dress | Stylenanda belt | Topshop shorts | Aldo shoes Welcoming the warmer days, my choice of current […] Posted in Style
  • March 23, 2017 TROPICAL VIBE #OOTD: CALLA ATELIER Lack of Color hat | CÄLLA Atelier top | Topshop shorts | Furla bag | Aldo shoes Everything in Bali always seems a little brighter and laid back for obvious reasons. The weather, the […] Posted in Style
  1. I didn’t know about the 60:40 ratio! Thanks for the useful tips. You’re helping me to be more fashionable and confident of myself.